Thursday, October 24, 2013

Summer Skirts for Nieces!

 Do you remember my simple little spring skirt pattern?  I made a couple for nieces this summer.  Here's the pattern if you want to look it up...  http://acornpies.blogspot.ch/search?q=spring+skirt

 I was able to find some rick-rack that looked great with this fabric, which I found in Switzerland.  The niece this skirt was made for loves blue...

 And the skirt this one was made for loves orange!

 And this sweet little quilt is for the blue-skirted niece's Waldorf doll!  See the little pillow?  My mother made it for my daughter's doll cradle long ago and I recovered it.

This is the back of the little quilt.  It's fun to make the sides different.  These are fabrics left over from our bed quilt....

2 comments:

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Beth, I do check into your life every month or so, but started to worry lately. So, now I know you're ok and still creating.

Thanks a zillion for stopping by. Hope your travel was a wonderful adventure.

love,
Sharon

Lilyshaw said...

Beautiful fabrics